PROJECT TITLE : A Vocational and Technical Training Programme in North-West District of Delhi for the poor and Marginalised Youth was conducted in association with WAPCOS (A Govt. of India Undertaking).
OBJECTIVE : To develop professional skills in the Youth of the society, leading to employment opportunities or taking up higher professional course.
ACTIVITIES: Following courses were carried out during the training programme
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Software
- Cutting and Tailoring
- Beauty Culture
- Many street children, children of migrant are completely excluded from the statistics.
- Mobile Repairing.
Following activities took place to motivate the youths to rope in the programmed and to sustain the project:
- Meeting with community people to create awareness about the project.
- Meeting with the youth groups to motivate them to enroll in the training programmed.
- Admission of the students in the different trades.
- Providing training, both theoretical and practical, to the students by experts.
- Exposure visit of the students in different trades.
- Business skill training will be provided by the in-house professional as well the outside resource person to the students.
- Training programmed on Entrepreneurship was organized to enhance the knowledge of students so that they can use the skill they acquired after completion of the training programmed.
- Networking with the various related industries to help the students gain experience as apprentice and at the same time also earn something.